Why use a Natural Tear Stain Remover?
You’re reading this because you know the importance of going natural, but you want something that really works, am I right?!
Yes, I know that sometimes the natural way can seem a bit slower, but it is generally safer than often harsh chemical alternatives, like bleaching, for example.
Once you’ve gotten the fur stains treated and they’ve faded away or been trimmed off as they grow out for stubborn penetrated areas, then it is easy to maintain and prevent future fur staining.
So how do you get to that point naturally and safely?
Here are some of the things that many other products include that we choose to leave out:
* Sulphates, Parabens, MEA, DEA – these are harsh toxic chemicals. If you want to know more about them, just enter the term in a search engine. You’ll be shocked how many of our daily use products contain these chemicals! More people are becoming aware and calling for a ban in personal and pet use products.
* Soap – yes, even soap can be drying, irritating, and damaging to the skin over time, as the film and residue left can build up, block pores and cause the skin or hair to have a dull appearance
* Bleach – some groomers use bleach to get rid of the stains around even the sensitive eye area. It is caustic and can be irritating at the least.
* Citrus – any lemon, lime, grapefruit or other citrus added can sting or irritate the eyes.
* Alcohol, Mineral Oil or Petroleum Products – these products are all harsh on the skin and can break down the delicate lipid barrier of the skin over time.
* Tea Tree Oil, Gentian Violet, or strong Essential Oils – although we love natural, these are too harsh and irritating around the eyes, in the ears, or on the skin so we don’t include them
* Fragrance – it is not required by law to list all the ingredients used to make fragrances added to personal products. Fragrances could contain any number of irritating or harsh ingredients, some of which could cause allergies, not to mention irritating sensitive nose or eye areas. Dogs’ noses are especially sensitive to smells – 1000’s of times more so than humans. Added fragrances can drive them crazy with the over-stimulation. Plus a strong smell can overpowers other natural odors they need to sense in their daily sniffing routine, which keeps them safe and knowledgeable about their surroundings.
We Believe the Natural Way is Best!
- What we put IN our natural products are derived from plants with careful low temperature processing that does not turn them into carcinogens.
- The main ingredients are derived from coconuts and palm. Some coconut and palm oils are not good because of their processing, so just be aware of that. Our non-toxic oils produced work to gently but effectively cleanse and brighten protein stained fur, plus de-mat and protect it. We use this as a base in most of the pet products that go on the skin and hair.
- Fruit and vegetable natural botanicals are also included. Their restorative and healing powers are chosen for each product’s intended use. They can also bring a pleasant fragrance that is subtle and natural, that is enough to take away that wet pet smell without overpowering your furry friend’s senses.
- We do add the tiniest fraction of preservative to our formulas to keep bacteria from growing, which would be more harmful than the .1% of solution we use to maintain its freshness.
- Even the packaging we use is eco-friendly with biodegradable bottles.
Once you try our natural products and know how safe and wonderful they are, you’ll never want to use anything else on your fur babies! 😉
Our All-in-1 Shampoo that cleans, conditions, moisturizes, and detangles works hand in hand with the tear stain remover to keep your pet looking, feeling and smelling its best.
And our Ear Wash cleans and protects ears without drying harsh chemicals that can damage the sensitive ear area and break down the protective lipid barrier of the skin (thus thinning the skin).
We love using these on our own furry family members…
I encourage you to go natural across the board for both you and your pets as much as you are able to do so.